Thursday, January 10, 2013

The Slumber Party



This week has been way tiring. Our first few days back to school/work usually are, this week is no exception. I could probably fall asleep right now (5 pm) and not wake up until my alarm goes off at 5:30am BUT the kids act like they need to be fed (in between both of them playing 2 different Skylanders games on 2 different TV's) so we will make dinner first and then momma will rest.


Slumber Party Fun

I said I would upload pics of our slumber party and here they are. Sorry that they are craptastic pics, I will NEVER be accused of being a photographer :) The activities we had were a photo booth, a cupcake bar, ice cream bar, and we made washer necklaces. Eve wanted a sports party so food was hot dogs and nachos. Pretty easy to do in crock pots.  To drink we did a standard punch that we always use, which is raspberry sherbert and 7 Up. Food is boring, so no pics of it, sorry.



The photo booth was basically a teal sheet (the only solid color I had) hanging on the wall and a big neon poster board that Eve made that said "Photo Booth." We got the photo booth print outs here. I printed some in full color on white card stock and then to save ink and time we printed some of the glasses on colored card stock. Once printed and cut out, we hot glued them on the sticks. I got the sticks at WalMart in the craft section, with popsicle sticks and the like. I think they were $.97 for 16 sticks, pretty cheap. (Don't buy the ones in the cake making section, they were twice as much and  you got way less). I let the girls take their own photos on Eve's digital camera. 


Eve and her cousin modeling the props!

Cup full of photo booth props!




More props (before cut out)!


 Then we did a build your own cupcake and ice cream bar. We had colored sugars, sprinkles, mini chocolate chips, mini marshmallows, chocolate syrup, caramel syrup, and 2 different icings. I got the cute little ice cream dishes this summer at JoAnn's. They match the napkins, the cupcake liners, and cupcake picks.



The set-up of goodies!



I put the b-day candles on Eve's undecorated cupcake.



This is what each girl got, a scoop of vanilla ice cream and a chocolate or white cupcake. They decorated how they wanted.

After I cleaned up all of the messes and got an old sheet for the table, I let the girls paint washers. My hubby purchased the washers at Ace Hardware and then spray painted both sides white. I got out a bunch of nail polish and let them paint away. There were some really cute ones. One, not pictured, was with black glitter polka dots that was painted to look like a dog. These girlies were creative. Each girl painted 2 washers. The washers were about the size of a silver dollar. I found the rainbow cording in the sewing department at Hobby Lobby at $1 per spool on 1/2 off day.  Instead of treat bags with a lot of junk, this was the girls gift to take home. I got the idea for the washer necklaces from my Family Fun magazine but I can't find it online to link to it :(

Painting fun :)
You can kindof see the magazine in this pic!





Final product!!



post signature



No comments:

Post a Comment