Sunday, September 30, 2012

One month until our Disney vacation!!

I can't believe we only have 1 month left. When you start planning something 8 or 9 months in advance it seems like such a long way but there is always so much to do when planning a Disney vacation that the time seems to go quickly. We are all so excited. The suitcases are out and the packing has begun. On to this months gift....



This months gift is some plain black Old Navy flip flops. After using our flip flops all summer I thought it would be nice to have a new pair to take with us. For the girls I planned on doing this:



But after some careful consideration and wardrobe inspection, I realized that none of us girls were taking anything red. One of my big pet peeves is red and pink together, think of it as white linen after Labor Day times 10 for me, so this idea was out the window. I'm sure I could have done black ribbons only but my 9 year old daughter is going through the "I'm not a baby" phase and sees ribbons as something a baby would wear. So, I just stuck with plain old black.


These were all purchased this summer at Old Navy during their $1 flip flop days. So this gift was a total of $5. Can't beat that for a gift for 5 people. To state again, the bags were purchased at the beginning of this countdown for $1 for 2 bags at the local Dollar Tree and I reuse the same bag every gift. The "1 month" Mickey tags are paint chips from Home Depot. 

Tomorrow starts our daily gifts. There are 23 different things the kids will received starting tomorrow. It was very hard to come up with affordable ideas but I think I succeeded.

No comments:

Post a Comment