Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Guess who got awesome mail today.....

ME!! Don't you love mail days where you get fun mail and not bills? Well, today I got the best mail, Disney mail :)(It makes me want to sing the old Blues Clues "Mail Time" song)!! I got my discount pin numbers in the mail today for my fall travels. I have been anxiously awaiting this pin number so I could book my vacation.  Here is what the outside looked like:

You know its something good when Minnie Mouse is on the outside!! When I opened it I found 2 different offers: End of Summer 30% off and Fall Free Dining. This is what the inside looked like:


(Sorry, but I had to cover my name, address, and pin number)

When I looked at the offer on the website it said it was for returning guests. I called my cousin who has been before and she got the offer as well. 

After receiving the offer I have decided on the Art of Animation as our Resort of choice for our fall trip. When booking a free dining offer with a value resort you only get the quick service dining, my family loves to try restaurants and feel like we are getting a $30 steak for free, so we will be paying an upgrade for  the Disney Dining Plan. This includes 1 table service meal, 1 counter service meal, and snack per person per day as apposed to the quick service where you get 3 meals per day but they are all quick service. We love sit down restaurant/relax time. We have used these meals as our character meals in the past (Akerhaus, Garden Grill, 1900 Park Fare, Cape May Cafe) because character meals are so expensive but we are not doing character meals this time due to the ages of the kids.

We have stayed value before, at Pop Century and liked the resort. Our only problem was the room size. We had 2 adults and 2 children (DS 10, DD 7). My son was 5'1" that year and it felt as if we had 3 adults in there and it was cramped. My cousin had 1 adult and 3 small children and she could barely get her stroller in and out of the room. Since that trip, I recommend value resorts to travelers with 2 adults and 1 child.  When we stay Art of Animation we will be staying in a suite which will give us much more room considering we have 2 adults and 3 children (DS 12, DD 9, DN 12). 

I really wanted to stay at the Polynesian this time but I feel we will be able to get more for our money with the Art of Animation and we will also have more room with 5 people, including 2 bathrooms.

This weekend marks 4 months until our Disney vacation and I will be posting then what our gift is!

1 comment:

  1. That's so exciting!! We are staying at the Art of Animation in September and we are so excited!!!

    ReplyDelete