Sunday, September 30, 2012

Car Rentals, groceries, and packages OH MY









Today I finally booked my rental car. The car rental place I prefer is National Car rental at https://www.nationalcar.com/  I have used this company several times in Orlando and Tampa and every experience has been a great one. I like this company because they do not require a credit card to rent a car. You can use your debit card and show a return plane ticket at the desk (to show proof of return flight). I do not use credit so this company is a nice change of pace. My kids like it because all of the Nationals we have been to say just to go to a certain row number and you get to pick your car, a bonus when you are with a pre-teen boy who likes cars.We will pick up our car early one morning at the Disney Car Care Center and drop it off that evening. We will be using our car to get to Universal Studios. We had checked around at prices for shuttles and found that this was a cheaper route for us since we have 2 adults, 2 teens (essentially 4 adults) , and 1 child.  By renting a car to get there we can also arrive and leave when we are ready. We need to leave Universal before 6:30 that evening because that is when their Halloween party starts and it is too scary for some of us wimps but we may be ready to leave earlier than that. With renting a car we can control all of that. We can also stop at shops near Old Town on the way back to the Disney property.



I also had time today to purchase groceries at Garden Grocer today. We don't usually order much, just some breakfast items, bread, juice, bottled water, and Dr. Pepper for me. When ordering from them there is a $1.99 fuel service charge, $12 delivery charge (if less than $200), and tax added on. There is a $40 minimum order. It does ask for tip for the filler, delivery driver, etc. and you get to choose your own amount, if you wish. On their site you can choose a delivery date and time. I was surprised to see a 7pm-9pm on there and I have picked that one because our plane arrives at 7pm that night. All of Disney's resorts are listed as delivery choices (except for Swan and Dolphin) and it auto-fills the resorts address and phone number for you. You can also type an address if you are staying off property. Once your delivery day arrives Garden Grocer texts you when your order has been delivered so you can call bell services and have it brought to your room. We have used this at both Pop Century and Caribbean Beach Resort, bell services was quite prompt in delivering to our room, usually within 10 minutes. Please don't forget to tip bell services. 




Lastly, I have a package ready to mail to All Star Sports resort. All Ears has all of the info on mailing addresses listed on the resort description pages. We have mailed everything from little peanut butters, shovel/pails, plastic wear, candy, etc. Just address it to the resort with "Attention: Your Name, your resort confirmation number, check in date". EXAMPLE:   Attention: Bob Smith, 78zz4569, check in: January 3, 2011. The first time I mailed ahead, the check in desk had to go to "the back" to get my item. I think it is because I didn't do Disney's online check in before my vacation because the next year at Caribbean Beach Resort my item was behind the counter with my check in packet. Both times I was told it was "noted" on my reservations that I had a package linked with it. I will do Disney's online check in because of this and because it just makes the check in process SO MUCH FASTER!!

Vacation is getting closer and closer. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment