Wednesday, December 5, 2012

*Book Review Wednesday*



Today is book review Wednesday. 

The book is: Hidden by P.C. and Kristin Cast (mother and daughter)
This is from their House of Night Series
This is young adult fiction about vampires
Released: October 16, 2012

Even though it is young adult, there is some sexual content, so I don't recommend it to kids under 13ish.



Today's book is one of a series of 10 books so far with book #11 to be released next year and book #12 after that. There have also been 3 novellas released and some other side books to tell the history.

This is not a stand alone book. You need to at least read the 9 other novels to be able to understand what is going on. I have not read any of the novellas but I have read the other novels and they are all very good. 

If you have preconceived notions about how vampires should act then DO NOT READ THIS BOOK. The vampires in this series have different rules than the standard vampire. Do not expect Twilight love stories either, even though there is typical high school dating. This is basic 16 year old girl (main character) drama mixed with being vampires, fitting in, and magic. Some crazy stuff happens along the way and you find yourself really liking some of the characters. WARNING: Characters you like may die. These 2 authors don't hold anything back!!

I recommend this entire series of books. They are exactly what books are supposed to be: entertaining. I read the rest of the books in this series last winter and have been anxiously awaiting this book to come out. It lived up to my expectations.

I give it a rating of:

To rate books, I will give them 1-5 stars. A 5 star would be near perfect and I can only think of Harry Potter getting this rating off the top of my head. So, please don't be shocked by a 3 or 4 star, they are still good books. 



post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment