Wednesday, June 12, 2013

What I love about summer

There are a lot of reasons to love summer, swimming, sunshine, no school/work, long lazy days, etc.

But I love summer for another reason: I have no idea what day it is. This conversation actually happened at my house last week:
Xander: Mom, what day is it?
Me: I don't know, Wednesday?
Xander: No, I mean the date.
Me: I don't know, June?

Needless to say he was frustrated. Looking back I should have told him to just look at his phone, which is a main reason to love smartphones because you always know the date and time.

Another thing I love about summer: I go on a makeup and straightener strike. It may sound silly and if I go someplace nice I will wear makeup and straighten my hair but why not? It gives my hair 10 weeks without the straightener, which will help not damage my hair any further (cuz let's face it that straightener is our hair's enemy!). As for the makeup, I don't care if I frighten small children, my face just needs moisturizer and sunblock so it can help be healthy, as well. 

What weird things do you love about summer?

post signature

1 comment:

  1. LOL! I never know the date and hardly ever know the day. Heck, with a newborn I couldn't even tell you the difference between day and night!

    ReplyDelete