Wednesday, November 28, 2012

* Book Review Wednesday*

Today is book review Wednesday but I don't have a book to review. Don't get me wrong, I have read a lot since last Wednesday but I am still in the middle of the Vampire Diaries series. I have already given my opinion on this series here. I am not a big fan of the books and/or characters of the book series. I love the TV show. I don't care about how different the characters look. I can picture them however I want in my head ;) What I do care about is character development. I feel that the book characters are all shallow, especially Elena. 



SPOILERS:

I find it hard to care for a character when she (Elena) is so unlikable. She is shallow and self-serving but EVERYONE seems to love her and pledge to do anything for her. When  she dies everyone is so upset but they keep talking about her pure soul. Pure soul? The first couple of books she manipulates EVERY boy she meets and takes advantage of them, poor little Matt. She finds pleasure in taking advantage of them and doesn't see anything wrong with it. She is also bossy and expects everyone to agree with her. How is this a pure soul? 

Once you get past the first few unappealing books you get to The Return books. They are better, I like the added weird fantasy stuff. 

I am finishing this series because I want to see how it turns out but to give a rating I would say........just eh


2 Stars is GENEROUS!!

I guess this turned into a book review, oops :)


No comments:

Post a Comment