Monday, July 1, 2013

Kids, Koncerts, and Kats

This was a busy weekend. Eve's softball team won a trophy for placing 1st in the regular season. Unfortunately, they lost in the tournament. We tried to tell the girls that the other teams and coaches went into the games against us in the tournament with a goal to beat us. We had a big target on our backs for only losing 2 regular season games. Eve wasn't phased by it though, she was super excited to win a trophy, her first one. 


Hubs and I went to a concert in the park. This was on my list of summer fun things to do but the only thing planned for the summer was christian music and classical music until a local band that played hard rock was added to the lineup. The hubs used to work with the lead singer and the drummer so he was excited to go. The kids didn't go, though, even though it was their summer fun list :(  We took the golf cart, which is what a lot of people do for concerts in the park in our small town. Unfortunately, there wasn't a huge turnout because we had some awful rain storms on Friday.


My cat, Purry, LOVES to drink from a faucet. Anytime we turn the kitchen faucet on she thinks it's an open invitation to drink. Well, there was a water pipe issue at the corner of my block and when I went to turn on the kitchen faucet to check to see if we had water pressure, someone took it as permission to drink. Luckily, I had my phone in my hand to catch her in the act!!


Finally, today I started a photography challenge from www.missindieblog.com, which I found at Adventures of a Misfit Librarian. Here is the challenge:



Here is my sunglasses pic:




post signature

3 comments:

  1. Stopping by from THE Collective Social Blog Hop to say hi. Thank you for linking up. Have a fabulous day!

    xo,
    Janise
    http://MamaInHeels.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love riding in golf carts. Can't wait till the day I actually own one!
    morrellfairytale.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Mendy, I'm a new follower from the Monday hop.

    I'd love it if you can follow me back :)

    xoxo
    ochibernadas.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete