Thursday, August 1, 2013

Another DIY (Altoid first aid kit)

I am all about the DIY these days. I think it is getting out of hand!!

I thought I would go ahead and blog this one as I am currently on hold with Disney and have been for over an hour, just to add my free dining.

Anyway, I have tons of these mint (Altoid size) tins that I buy when I go to WDW. Last time we went I bought 2 of them and I told my kids that when I run out that it's time to go back. Well, I ran out in May and our trip isn't until October but my friend went in June and I had her bring me one back! So, I go thru 2-3 of these per year and that leaves lots of empty's waiting for a good project.

If you haven't tried these, DO IT!!
I always carry a tiny make-up bag with a first aid kit in it in my backpack to the Disney parks. I know that there are baby care centers that help but if you are far away from it, you don't want to trek all over the park just for a bandaid. After looking at these mint tins, I thought why not combine the 2? So I did!!



Here are the supplies you will need:
Mint tin (Altoid size)
 Bandaids
pain reliever (Advil, Tylenol, etc.)
1/2 oz tube antibiotic cream (Neosporin)



First I cleaned out the tin, which is a no-brainer!

 I added the bandaids first. They are flat and things will easily sit on top of them. On a side note, we always take Mickey or Muppet bandaids to Disney, might as well stay in character.


I sprinkle in some Target brand Ibuprofen liquid gels and some children's ibuprofen (Eve won't swallow pills yet). A picture here would be great but my camera was being stupid.

Last I add the Target brand antibiotic cream. As you can see from the picture I had to bend the end of the cream up a bit but it fits nicely.



I'm sure you can decorate the tin on the front but I wanted to leave it with the characters that were on it. This first aid kit is so small you could probably keep it in your purse or diaper bag year-round. 



What do you think?
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment