Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Disney Throwback Thursday

I'm sure you remember that I went to Disney World back in October. This was my kids 6th time going. Their previous years were 2005, 2008, 2010, 2011, and 2012. I dug out some pics from 2005 and 2008 to take with us and recreate them just to show how big the kids have gotten. Where better to measure your kids growth than the Happiest Place on Earth?

The first one is from 2008. We had dinner at the Whispering Canyon Cafe at the Wilderness Lodge. Xander was 8 years old and Eve was 5. I remember taking this picture with the hopes of measuring their height against it at a later date. I highly recommend this spot if you want to do the same thing. You do not need to stay at the Wilderness Lodge or eat at the Cafe to stand by this awesome totem pole. 


The other one I did was in Downtown Disney right outside of the Lego Store. The year was 2005. Xander was 5 years old and Eve was two and a half. This was their first trip and the first place we visited on that vacation. As you can see from the two pics that Xander barely cleared the railing in 2005 but now he towers over it. Poor little Eve was so little she had to be in a stroller. If you notice on the left of 2013 there is a nice shade tree that wasn't there in 2005. My only regret is that this year when I took the picture it was from a different angle because it was SO FREAKIN' BUSY!!


Finally there are the silhouettes. In 2008 I had them done on Main Street USA at Magic Kingdom. This time I had them done at Downtown Disney. I love that you can even see where they cut Eve's glasses out in the 2013 silhouette (even though it is hard to see because of my photography skills).



Hopefully in the years to come I can do this again and then I would have 3 to compare. Have you done any picture recreations?

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment