Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Freezin' my booty off (part 2)

Monday I blogged about the first part of my weekend fun here.

Today I will blog about the second half. The second half happened on Sunday.

We woke early and had to be at the soccer fields at 7:20am. Yep, it was another cold morning.


When you arrive at the fields this early there are only about 8 teams out practicing for about 25 fields. It is so serene. At no other point in the day is it that quiet. There are hardly any cars and you can hear all of the coaches starting warm ups with their players. Here is a pic I took from the car:

I got him that neon orange shirt for keeper (goalie) so I could see him from far away.

After the first game was over was when the adventure finally began. We had 5 hours to waste before the next game and we had to check out of the hotel. We decided to eat lunch and then shop. Old Navy has tee's buy 1 get 1 free, so I got all 4 of us a shirt and some flip flops. We then headed to Gander Mountain. This store was pretty interesting. We had never been in one before and spent an hour just walking around.

While walking around I overheard a "conspiracy theorist." Like a typical backwoods conspiracy theorist, he had shoulder length, frizzy gray/white hair. He was wearing sweat pants and a t-shirt that was too big. He had brown sandals on his feet and his toenails were all about 1/2 inch too long (maybe he needs to read my post about prepping feet for sandals).  After my observations, I decided to snoop in on his conversation with some poor guy that looked trapped. He has decided to go back on the old faithful "we don't know anything about him," "where is his birth certificate?"  Both, I'm assuming, are concerning President Obama. Are we still on this crap? I'm not saying I am anti- or pro-Obama but haven't we moved on from these lamea** arguments? Anyhoo, he proceeded to share his caveman like opinions with this poor gentleman, and everyone else around him. More of the "we need to get him out of there," "we should impeach him" crap, supported by uneducated opinions. He then made eye contact with me and since I am a chickensh** AND he was shopping in the gun department at the store, I scurried off. 

The rest of the day was pretty uneventful. We ended up tied for 3rd place (out of 4) for the U13. The positive was that it was almost 60 degrees for our 2nd game and I even got a little sun :). We drove the 2 1/2 hours home and arrived about 9:30pm. 

Check out this awesome statue outside of our hotel:

There are too many things wrong with this statue to list in 1 blog post.

Funny things my students say (conversation after I told my students I had a 13 year old son):
Girl #1: What are you like 50 years old?
Me: No
Girl #2: No, she's only 25, right Mrs. H?
Me: Yep!! (I love when they make me younger than I am)
post signature

2 comments:

  1. I'm so not used to this cold weather this time of year, typically I'm able to pull off a sweatshirt at early games and practices.. but this year I find myself bundling up like it's still winter. It was 73 here today, but still super cold in the AM. I just wish the weather would break already!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree about the weather. With busy kids, it would be so helpful not to have to take blankets and coats to games every day. Hopefully spring will show up soon!!

      Delete